Financial and Payment Information
Once a treatment plan has been presented and treatment options have been chosen by you, a copy of your customized treatment plan along with the estimated insurance benefits and your out of pocket expenses will be calculated and explained to you. You will received a copy of this treatment plan and will have the opportunity to have your insurance and financial questions answered. If you should need additional assistance in paying your portion of the treatment costs, we do offer financing through Care Cap and Care Credit that can fit almost any budget. We strongly believe that everyone deserves quality dental care and should not feel that you have to compromise your treatment due to financial limitations. Our office managers will work with you to be able to finance the treatment you desire.
It is our commitment to provide the highest quality of care to all of our patients and to provide options that make this care affordable. To keep rising health care costs down it is our policy to collect payment at time of service.
We have 4 methods of payment
Online Bill Pay
Click on the image for a secure online payment option.
Cash or Check Payments
We offer a 5% discount for payment in full at the time of treatment. Seniors (age 60 & older) will receive an additional 5% discount when paying for treatment in full at the time of service. Senior discount not applicable with PPO insurance. NSF Checks A $25.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
We gladly accept payments made with VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Novus/Discover cards, and Debit cards. No discount can be given for credit/debit card transactions.
Dental Insurance Claims
Because we understand that dental insurance plays a role in helping many people defray some of the costs of dental care, we would like to share with you the following information about dental insurance.
- Our responsibility is to provide you with the treatment that best meets your needs, not to try to match your care to insurance plan limitations.
- Dental insurance plans do not correspond to individual patient needs, and as such, many routine and necessary dental services are not covered, even though you may need those services.
- In spite of what your plan says, we’ve found that many plans actually pay less than what you might expect.
- The benefits your plan pays are largely determined by how much your employer/union pays in premiums for the plan. The less they paid for the plan, the less you’ll receive.
- We are happy to submit your claims and help you receive the maximum benefits due you, but please understand that we cannot accept responsibility for collecting an insurance claim, or for negotiating disputed claims.
At the conclusion of your visit we will be happy to print out an itemized statement of services rendered along with your “estimated” insurance benefits and “estimated” patient portion owed. You can pay that balance using any of the 4 payment methods listed above.
We are preferred providers for the following insurance plans:
Delta Dental (Premier and PPO)
Regence Blue Shield
Premera Blue Cross
Cigna (Radius network)
If your plan is not on this list it is very likely that we will still be able to see you. We accept most plans. If you have any questions, our office managers are well versed in these matters and will be glad to assist you.
We are committed to seeing our patients on time and respecting of their time. Late cancellation, failed appointments and late arrivals are disruptive to our schedule and other patients. In order to maintain our schedule we request 48 hours notice for cancellations and rescheduling of appointments. A $50.00 fee will be charged to a patient’s account for a no-show or cancellation occurring less than 24 hours in advance.
Our staff is pleased to assist you in obtaining the optimal dental treatment you deserve in a manner which is affordable. Thank you for choosing us as your dental healthcare provider. We are dedicated to the overall good health of our patients.